Friday, September 19, 2014

Made it to Kansas, and Some Big News

Its been a month since my last blog post, and lots has happened since then. On September 6th we locked the front door of our house in Georgia for the last time and headed for the Midwest. We made it to Kansas on the evening of September 7th, and moved into our new home the next day. We have been here roughly two weeks, and everyone is settling in nicely. I did a race last Saturday, was supposed to be a triathlon, but since it was in the 30s, the swim was cancelled. For once I didn't mind that the swim was cancelled, all my winter gear was packed up in boxes that hadn't arrived yet.

I had a good time at the race and place 5th in my age group

On the run at the Olathe Women's Triathlon

Finisher's medal and age group award
The girls already started school, their new school is literally right across the street from our house, and they are enjoying the new routine of walking to and from school everyday. They have already starting making new friends as well. Their resiliency throughout this has amazed me. Our stuff got here on Wednesday, so we are in the process of unpacking everything and setting it up in the new house. This could take awhile.......

Here's my big new. I was selected to be on the 2015 Swim Bike Mom Ambassador Team! This is a huge honor. I am flattered and humbled I made the team. The team is an awesome group of women and we are all dedicated to being ambassadors for the sport we love so much. Next year's tri season is going to be fantastic, I just know it. Looking forward to representing Swim Bike Mom next year on the Ambassador Team and getting more people involved in the sport of triathlon.

Sunday I am doing a trail 25k in the Flint Hills, my first long running race since the 50k in January (that almost killed me). I have learned so much since that race and am

 anxious to do a long running race again. Will have a race report up sometime next week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment